Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bipolar Research

In all the research my sister-in-law has done. The most constant is getting support and therapy. I'm lucky to have her to be my rock. I can focus on keeping myself together everyday. While she does all the work and I just work on me. She is amazing. If you don't have a person like this, it is critical that you get into a therapy group to help you cope and provide you with the tools you will need to survive. I will never be able to express how thankful I am for her and how selfless she is.

Today I had a hard time sitting still. I think I could of wore a path in her carpet just walking back and forth wringing my hands. Racing thoughts. I hate that. I really thought I was going to have to be admitted. But the hospitals don't like to take you unless you are suicidal. So I was able to take a little meds and took a 2 hour nap and I felt better. If I didn't havae Kiora on top of it I don't know what I would have done. I think they call those manic episodes. Man they suck.

3 comments:

  1. You sure I am not just too bossy and like to be in charge all the time? And like to say I told you so (therapy).

    Of course I would do this. We love you and want you to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, i know it can't be easy. I am proud of you for not giving up......do it for Jack...Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to send you (((hugs))). I found some interesting ways to help with bi-polar with herbs. I am the type of person that thinks - heck if it might help I'll try it. I don't know if it will, but if you're interested here is the link. http://www.healthyplace.com/alternative-mental-health/bipolar-medicine/treating-depression-and-bipolar-disorder-without-drugs/menu-id-55/ It's just one of those "research things" We hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete