Sunday, May 3, 2009

HOPE

There is hope. I went to see Kiora's family Dr. He is AWESOME. He took an hour with me. Asked tons of questions. Explained what he thought was the best approach to getting me on the road to recovery. He diagnosed me wiht bipolar. He explained how it effects me. It was like there was a light at the end of the tunnel. I knew I could do this. He got me on some meds and wants me to see him in a week so we can up the meds. He wants to do a little at a time so my body has time to adjust to the new way of thinking and doing things. He also encouraged me to see a counseler. He said the counseler was like a physical therapist. They will help me cope with my illness and teach me different exercises when I feel an "episode" coming on. Thank goodness for Doctors who care and take the time to try and make you better. Thanks Dr. E. I also had been doing a lot pf praying that he would be inspired to start me with the right treatment. So prayers do work. Thank You Heavenly Father. I think looking back in the past I can see my cycle. And it cycles every two years. So I just need to be mindful of that. Now I just need to learn new coping exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment